Newton Climate may occasionally collect and administer personal information for various purposes, including managing supporter lists and running campaigns. We are committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information which we collect.
We recognise the right of individuals to have their personal information administered in ways which they would reasonably expect: protected, used only for the purpose for which that information was provided, and made accessible to them where requested.
Newtown Climate is bound by any laws which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. We will observe the following principles as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information:
- Collect personal only to pursue its objects as set out in its constitution;
- Ensure that people are informed as to why their personal data is being requested and how it will be administered;
- Use and disclose personal information only for the purpose for which it was provided or for directly related purposes (unless consent is provided to use the data for additional purposes);
- Not share personal information with any third party without consent;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access;
- Provide people with timely access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction or deletion;
- Include an opt-out option on all direct marketing or email campaigns
Where privacy issues arise, we will be guided by the Australian Charities and Nonprofits Commission’s Guide to Managing People’s Information and Data.